Content: 19 Lessons with 1 Hr Video
If you're interested in 2D mobile game development you've probably heard of the Corona SDK framework -- because it's freaking awesome!
In this crash course we're going to dive in and create a simple game. Along the way you'll magically learn how to use these core concepts of Corona SDK...
- Tap and Touch Events
- Playing Audio
So put the dog outside, send your kids to the neighbor's to play, tell your spouse you need some "me time" -- and then dive into this crash course and find out just how easy...
...and how much FUN making your own game can be!
PS - I know the course is free so I don't really have to do a big sales job on you, but just in case you're wavering, here's a list of the lessons in the course (the times after the titles are the video running times):
Section 1: Fasten Your Seatbelt, Wild Ride Ahead!
- What You'll Discover
- Installing the Corona SDK Framework
- Installing the Outlaw IDE
- Downloading the Sample Code
- Inspecting the Project Files
- Need a Lua Programming Refresher?
Section 2: I Like To Move It, Move It! - Animation
- Space Oddity 06:31
- Move On Down the Road 05:56
- Tweaking the Display Objects 04:56
- Are You Through, Yet? 04:21
Section 3: I Can Feel Your Heartbeat - Touches And Taps
- Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me 01:33
- I'd Tap That! 06:01
Section 4: Let's Hear It For The Boy - Audio
- Bleep, Bloop! Pew, Pew! 02:12
- Tweaking an Audio file with Audacity Software 04:41
Section 5: Love Letters In The Sand - Text
- Texting (Not the SMS Kind) 05:39
- Run Up the Score 03:25
Section 6: Emergency Brake On! What's Next?
- A Little Bit More 06:11
- Looking in the Rearview Mirror 01:32
- Movin' Right Along 01:42